the Ultimate Cookie Manager
We had a good run....
but unfortunately Development and support has ended on SafariCookies :(
But fear not!
Cookie development IS full steam ahead! and supports all the popoular browsers.
- For tracking cookie identification and removal (and multibrowser support), take a look at Cookie
- Safari Cookies requires SIMBL, which is conveniently included in the installer - and will be installed if it is not already
- There are known compatibility issues with SafariStand, and Saft. You may need to uninstall these first, before installing Safari Cookies.
- Simple installation
- Automatic mode - only keep cookies/Flash cookies/Databases from sites which are in your Favorites, BookMarks, Top Sites, or History
- Save favorite cookies to a whitelist
- Search cookie domains
- Automatically remove non favorite cookies when quitting Safari
- Automatically remove non favorite Flash cookies when quitting Safari
- Automatically remove non favorite Local Storage/Databases when quitting Safari
- Automatically remove all Google Analytics cookies when quitting Safari
- Export/Import favorites
- Import Favorites from Safari Bookmarks, History and TopSites
- Automatic updating courtesy of Sparkle
- Localized for English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Swedish
- Please consider giving a donation, to help with development costs.
- Its really up to you what you think Safari Cookies is worth - personally i think a donation of $10 - $15 is a fair amount.
- Oct 28, 2014 - Version 2.0 - fixed cache removal
- Jun 2, 2014 - Version 1.9.9 - fixed cache removal, fixed database names, code optimisations
- Oct 11, 2013 - Version 1.9.8 - fixed italian version
- Oct 11, 2013 - Version 1.9.7 - now signed with Developer ID
- May 17, 2012 - Version 1.9.6 - dutch localisation corrections
- May 16, 2012 - Version 1.9.5 - dutch localisation thanks Jeroen Houtzager!, sqlite fixes, fixed some memory leaks, retina support
- April 05, 2012 - Version 1.9.4 - Fixed a memory leak, updated exporter to be compatiable with a future Cookie update, Spanish localisation corrections, Swedish localisation corrections
- March 07, 2012 - Version 1.9.3 - French localisation corrections
- March 05, 2012 - Version 1.9.2 - Fixed some issues with the Database tab
- March 03, 2012 - Version 1.9.1 - Fixed a Flash related crash intoroduced in v1.9
- March 03, 2012 - Version 1.9 - UI improvements, added ability to remove Cache on Quit, memory improvements, applied patch to SIMBL to hopefully fix Lion startup issues, added a Cookie upgrade link
- July 11, 2011 - Version 1.8 - fixed some memory leaks, fix for not displaying all databases, fixed memory leaks in database removal
- February 25, 2011 - Version 1.7.2 - updated SIMBL to 0.9.9, database folder now removed when no databases are present, code cleanup
- January 29, 2011 - Version 1.7.1 - fixed some localization issues
- January 26, 2011 - Version 1.7 - Fixed dnl display error!, Hopefully fixed SIMBL install for Leopard users
- January 24, 2011 - Version 1.6.9 - Cookies now updated when changed in another app, fixed SQLite Console error message, fixed non-favorite Databases all displaying as secure, fixed manual deletion of Safari Extensions, some code cleanup
- January 20, 2011 - Version 1.6.8 - fixed performance issues, added an option to treat all Safari Extensions as favorites, cleaned up the ui, updated SIMBL to latest version 0.98d (you need to run a custom install to upgrade), removed some unnessesary install scripts, added an install check for Safari Cookies in the user folder
- January 16, 2011 - Version 1.6.7 - added a database secure column, code cleanup, and optimizations
- January 12, 2011 - Version 1.6.6 - fixed an error in the Flash "Check All" contextual menu
- December 28, 2010 - Version 1.6.5 - all Safari Extensions are now treated as favorites
- November 05, 2010 - Version 1.6.4 - fixed bug where all cookies could be deleted when uninstalling Safari Cookies, more code cleanup/optimisations, fixed some memory leaks, fix databases folder watching
- November 04, 2010 - Version 1.6.3 - Safari Extensions database management, better flash cookie support, small code cleanup/optimisations, upgraded SIMBL install to 0.9.8c - use a custom install to upgrade SIMBL when upgrading Safari Cookies.
- October 26, 2010 - Version 1.6.2 - fixed display of multiple cookie domains, upgraded installer to SIMBL 0.9.8 for both Leopard, and Snow Leopard - use a custom install to upgrade SIMBL when upgrading Safari Cookies.
- October 10, 2010 - Version 1.6.1 - fixed removal of all non-favorite flash cookies, fixed removal of all non-favorite databases, fixed removal of ##SharedObjects Flash folder, fixed order of buttons in modal windows
- October 05, 2010 - Version 1.6 - added localStorage management, added database management, added check for updates button, fixed removal of Flash global preferences, fixed removal of non-favorites (similar to favorites) on quit, fixed removal of certain cookies, fixed default settings, fixed saving of preferences when quitting
- September 27, 2010 - Version 1.5.3 - moved preferences into their own plist file - com.sweetpproductions.SafariCookies.plist (!!you should check your settings are correct, after upgrading.), fix for domains with a similar suffix not being removed properly, fix for AutoMode settings not always working
- September 08, 2010 - Version 1.5.2 - fix for "Remove all non-favorites" button being disabled
- September 07, 2010 - Version 1.5.1 - simplified the UI. (removed "Remove all non-favorite cookies" - use Automatic Mode instead), fixed configuration options for Automatic Mode, when all options are unchecked, fixed cookie parsing error
- September 06, 2010 - Version 1.5 - Added the ability to configure "Automatic Mode"
- July 04, 2010 - Version 1.4.4 - fixed an incompatibility with SafariSource, thanks Kevin Ballard.
- June 18, 2010 - Version 1.4.3 - fixed an error with cookies with no suffix
- June 06, 2010 - Version 1.4.2 - fixed display of domains beginning with a '.', fixed Flash remove button enabled state
- June 01, 2010 - Version 1.4.1 - fixed subdomain display, and removal, Code clean-up
- May 31, 2010 - Version 1.4 - Better flash cookie support, Code optimisation, Export/Import favorites to a standard txt file (create a new backup!)
- March 13, 2010 - Version 1.3.8 - Swedish localisation - thanks to Mikael Rubenson, UI tweaks, Added a manual uninstall script to the download
- January 14, 2010 - Version 1.3.7 - hopefully fixed SIMBL installer for 32bit Intel
- January 06, 2010 - Version 1.3.6 - Fixed more memory leaks, UI tweaks
- December 31, 2009 - Version 1.3.5 - Fixed some more memory leaks
- December 30, 2009 - Version 1.3.4 - Fixed memory leak, fixed Installer Info panel details, fixed some default values
- December 11, 2009 - Version 1.3.3 - fixed Info panel details
- December 07, 2009 - Version 1.3.2 - fixed SIMBL Installer permissions
- October 30, 2009 - Version 1.3.1 - UI tweaks
- October 27, 2009 - Version 1.3 - Simplified installation/upgrade procedure, Italian localization, Spanish localization corrections, UI tweaks
- October 15, 2009 - Version 1.2.1 - Fixed missing Spanish strings, Fixed some German strings
- October 10, 2009 - Version 1.2 - Added Automatic mode, added option to "import Favorites from Safari History"
- October 08, 2009 - Version 1.1.3 - Fixed Sparkle automatic downloading, fixed icon image in Sparkle update, updated Credits, removed some unneeded code
- October 06, 2009 - Version 1.1.2 - Fixed bug when exporting Favorites to a file of the same name not being saved, Optimized some code, Added reminder to restart Safari after installation, French localisation corrections
- October 01, 2009 - Version 1.1.1 - Fixed Search bar
- October 01, 2009 - Version 1.1 - Added option to remove all Google Analytics cookies on quit, Fixed Reset all Warnings button, Fixed some French, and German strings, Removed some redundant code
- September 28, 2009 - Version 1.0.3 - Fixed version label, Re-added export menu to the Favorites button
- September 27, 2009 - Version 1.0.2 - French installer really fixed, spanish installer updated, updated some spelling mistakes, fixed Info page links
- September 27, 2009 - Version 1.0.1 - WebKit support, Updated French Installer info
- September 26, 2009 - Version 1.0 - 64bit compatibility, Now uses SIMBL to inject code into Safari, Added Sparkle automatic updating, Added "Check All", "UnCheck All" as Favorites options, Added "Import Favorites from Safari Bookmarks", Added "Import Favorites from Safari TopSites", ****Removed Logging feature - it wasn't 100% accurate anyway, Moved all Favorites management to contextual menu, "About" panel corrections, French localization corrections, UI tweaks, Fixed bug where if there are no favorites checked - checking favorites within a search/contextual-menu is not honored, Fixed sort order and other issues for some special case cookies, Fixed display of IP addresses, Fixed default settings, Built using XCode 3.2, Replaced some deprecated functions.
- August 14, 2009 - Version 0.8 - Added contextual menu for selecting/deselecting multiple favorites, fixed scroll bug, fixed cookie expiry date formatting, Redundant code cleanup, updated remaining legacy code to Objective-C 2.0/Xcode 3
- August 10, 2009 - Version 0.7 - Added search, Spanish localization (thanks Fernando-Juan Santos Hern�ndez), fixed console error [NSCFArray objectAtIndex:]: index (3) beyond bounds (3), UI fixes, redundant code cleanup
- May 10, 2009 - Version 0.6.3 - Updated email addresses, French localization corrections
- May 7, 2009 - Version 0.6.2 - German localization bug fix
- May 7, 2009 - Version 0.6.1 - German localization (thanks Christoph Schmitz)
- May 7, 2009 - Version 0.6 - Added option to remove all Flash cookies on quit, French localization
- April 30, 2009 - Version 0.5.1 - Fixed incompatibilities with Glims, more code cleanup
- April 28, 2009 - Version 0.5 - PLEASE export Favorites, and uninstall, before installing 0.5..... A lot of the preference settings have been rewritten, and are incompatible with older versions! Fixed a bug where Favorites, may have been lost if Glims is also installed, More optimization
- April 27, 2009 - Version 0.4.1 - Fixed an incompatibility with Glims, updated the About panel
- April 26, 2009 - Version 0.4 - Added button to export/import Favorite domains, added button to reset all warnings, fixed bug where favorites may not have been deleted on Quit, even more code optimization
- April 23, 2009 - Version 0.3 - More code optimization, added a warning panel when manually removing all favorites. (can be easily disabled)
- April 21, 2009 - Version 0.2.2 - Hopefully fixed the issue of favorites not being remembered that some people were having, updated some old code to Objective C 2.0, recompiled as 32/64 Bit Universal (this may have been causing some of the issues - hence the larger size...)
- April 19, 2009 - Version 0.2 - ****Removed option to 'only accept cookies from favorite domains' - sorry, but it was just too flaky.... fixed preference pane crash when trying to resize window, made window resizable, remember last viewed tab on relaunch
- April 18, 2009 - Version 0.1.3 - Fixed a bug, where favorites setting may not have been saved
- April 13, 2009 - Version 0.1.2 - Fix excessive logging to Console (thanks Daniel P for finding this), really fix the enabled state of "remove all favorites" button
- April 13, 2009 - Version 0.1.1 - Fix "remove all favorites on quit", fix enabled state of "remove all favorites" button
- April 12, 2009 - Version 0.1 - Initial release
- Install Safari Cookies from the installer, and access preferences through Safari's preference menu.
- When using Automatic mode, for best results, configure Safari to remove History items at a predefined date - (see image above)
- When exporting favorites, only the domain "names" are exported, not the actual cookies.
- Mac OS X 10.5+
- For pre leopard cookie management, use SafariPlus
- Safari Cookies requires SIMBL, and is installed into the folder /Library/Application Support/SIMBL/Plugins/
- Safari Cookies saves it preferences to the preference file ~/Library/Preferences/com.sweetpproductions.SafariCookies
- An uninstaller is included in the Safari Cookies preference pane, which will delete all traces of Safari Cookies - should the need arise
- Delete the following files/folder:
- /Library/Application Support/SIMBL/Plugins/Safari Cookies.bundle
- ~/Library/Application Support/Safari Cookies/
- Alternatively, download, and run the following script: Uninstall Safari Cookies.zip (29kb)
- Safari Cookies was built using source code from SafariPlus (Creative Commons license), and uses SIMBL to inject code into Safari.
- Source-code is available here under the new BSD License.